In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Mix Tape.”
So… I immediately got excited about today’s daily post. I mean, if you have known me for ten minutes you know that I love music. Get to know me a little longer and you will find out that I love making mix tapes. Well, I have upgraded to playlists, except when burning discs for my truck and I stay true to the definition.
I have a ton of mix tapes (discs) and playlists that I have created over the years. Some that I have lost that I wish I could recreate. Some that have not changed one bit over the years.
I try my best to embrace new music, but it is hard because there is just so much old music that is outstanding. I have to force myself to stop listening to it.
So, imagine my surprise when I found it hard to create a mix tape that describes my life.
I mean I have songs that I love, tons of them. It is just a little harder to find the ones that actually speak to your life.
It took me a minute to get going and then I had to cut myself off, in order to stay true to the mix tape and not turn this into a playlist of epic proportions.
Here are the songs, in no special order (because I’m not trying to dive that deep into myself this morning).
- Waiting for the End – Linkin Park
- Bring Me to Life – Evanescence
- Fly Away – Lenny Kravitz
- Almost – Tamia
- Don’t Worry Be Happy – Bobby McFerrin
- Killing Me Softly With His Song – Roberta Flack
- Dance to the Music – Sly & the Family Stone
- Still – Tamia
- Fantasy – Earth, Wind, & Fire
- Every Teardrop is a Waterfall – Coldplay
- Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- A Capella (Something’s Missing) – Brandy
- More Than Words – Extreme
- What If – Coldplay
- Last First Kiss – Tamia
- Smile – Michael Jackson
- Be The One – Christen B
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
Of course there are more, and of course I will probably make a playlist based off this blog post, but I wanted to keep this to what would fit on a mix tape or the CDs that I burn.
So… what would your mix tape look and sound like?